One of the keys to keeping our fitness goals on track during the chilly, comfort food gorging months is having the right kind of treats on hand. You’d be forgiven for thinking that brownies are the opposite of a healthy treat, but these black bean brownies are actually a great option for any chocolate lover! These deliciously fudgy squares of goodness are packed with plant protein, fibre and use far less sweetener than the sugar-laden standard brownie recipes.
1 1/2 cups of black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1-2 tbsp Peanut butter
1/3 cup Organic maple syrup
2 tbsp Coconut sugar
3/4 cup Almonds (or 1/2 cup of almond meal)
2 tbsp Raw cacao
1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a food processor, add the almonds and process until you have a fine meal.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for the peanut butter and blend until really smooth.
4. Pour into a lined 20cm x 20cm baking dish.
5. Carefully swirl the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
7. Remove and cool for 10 mins.
8. If they look a little soft in the centre, place them in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm.