1 L of water
200 g ramen noodles
1 1/2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp grated ginger
300 g organic chicken thigh
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 sheet nori, cut into thick strips
micro herbs (optional)
4 tbsp Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen
3/4 cup The Wholefood Pantry Tapioca Flour
500 ml The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil
1. Cut your chicken thighs into three pieces. Combine the chicken with tamari, mirin and ginger, and stand for five minutes.
2. Boil 1 L of water in a saucepan, add broth, and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Meanwhile in another pot, boil 500 ml of water, then add eggs, cook for six minutes. Remove eggs and place in iced water to stop the cooking process. Peel eggs and set aside. Cut in half just before serving.
4. Place the tapioca flour in a tray, remove the chicken out of marinade and place it into the flour. Shake any excess flour from the chicken and place on a plate. Leave uncovered for at least five minutes before frying.
5. In the same boiling water used for the eggs, cook the ramen noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside.
6. Heat the oil to 180ºC in a small saucepan. Add the chicken to the oil in batches, frying for one minute, removing and resting for 30 seconds. Repeat two more times, then place on a paper towel. Do with with each batch until all chicken is cooked.
7. Divide cooked noodles between two bowls, pour over broth, then top with Karaage Chicken, jammy egg halves, toasted sesame seeds, nori, and top with micro herbs for garnish.