2 large ripe avocados
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
1/4 cup water
3 tsp lemon juice
fresh berries to serve (we love blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
3/4 cup The Wholefood Pantry Dark Chocolate Buttons, chopped
3 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Cocoa Powder (Or Lover's Latte)
1 pinch The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
2 tbsp Collagen Beauty
2-3 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
2 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Pesticide Free Almonds, roughly chopped
1. Melt dark chocolate buttons over a double boiler until fully melted.
2. Place avocado, melted chocolate, cocoa, almond milk, vanilla extract, Collagen Beauty and salt into a blender. Pulse until smooth. Add maple syrup until desired level of sweetness is achieved. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Place pitted and halved cherries into a small sauce pan with water, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook until cherries are soft (about 5 minutes).
4. Remove cherries from the heat, transfer to a blender or food processor and purée.
5. When ready to serve, remove mousse from the fridge and pour into 4 small glasses. Layer with coconut yogurt, cherry coulis, fresh berries and almonds.