Creamy eggnog with health benefits? Yes please! Golden Latte is the fabulous superstar in this eggnog, bringing with it the goodness of turmeric, manuka honey, creamy coconut milk and ayurvedic chai spices. Definitely one to get egg-cited for and even let the kids in on the fun with an alcoholic free version before the adults only version comes out to play.
6 egg yolks
3 tbsp plain sugar
3 cups full cream milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Dash of rice malt syrup
Nutmeg to serve
Make it boozy: 1 cup of rum or whisky
2 tsp Golden Latte
- Separate eggs and put the yolks in a large bowl. (save the whites for the Sours recipe)
- Beat eggs and add sugar (beating the whole time).
- In a pot on medium heat, heat the milk with Golden Latte until hot. Keep milk moving as it heats and don't let it boil.
- Add hot milk to the egg yolks, whisking the whole time.
- Transfer mixture back into the pot and back onto a medium heat.
- Add the rice malt and vanilla extract.
- Heat until slightly thickened, then remove from heat (add booze at this stage) and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with nutmeg to serve.
Ready in: 1hr