Ready for an easy meal that tastes as delightful as it looks? We were too, so we made an absolute crowd pleaser of a pizza that is easy, delicious and nutritious with a wholefood blend of 15 fruits and veggies thanks to Veggie Hero. You could say Veggie Hero puts the power in Flower Power Pizza. This recipe also doubles as a great afternoon tea snack for busy parents, simply put it together on the spot with ease or let the kids get creative and pop their toppings on a pre-prepared base with sauce. This one has a ‘pizza’ our heart that’s for sure.
1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
Pizza base of your choice
10-15 bocconcini balls, sliced in half or use a daily free cheese and cut into circles 2 mm thick
6-8 fresh basil leaves
4-5 cherry tomatoes
NUTRA ORGANICS PRODUCTS
1 heaped tbsp Veggie Hero
- Preheat the oven to 220.
- Roll out pizza base to an even circle.
- Mix together tomato paste and Veggie Hero then spread tomato paste over the pizza base.
- Place cherry tomatoes around the pizza with enough space for cheese ‘petals’.
- Place 5 cheese petals around the cherry tomato to create flowers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the base is crispy and the cheese is melted slightly - but not too much!
- Allow to cool slightly before topping with basil leaves placed either side of the flowers.