½ brown onion
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup of pumpkin
1 ½ cups of cauliflower
¼ cup raw unsalted cashews
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ cup plant milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 packet of rigatoni pasta (or pasta of your choice*)
2 cups of spinach
1 cup of green peas
100g Vegan feta cheese (optional or cheese of your choice)*
Sprinkle of chili (optional)
Chicken and Beef broth can also be used if you are not strictly vegan. Feta or goats cheese can also be used in replacement of vegan cheese for a cheesy topping.
2 tablespoons Low Fodmap Vegetable Broth (or broth of choice)
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic and brown over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the onion and garlic sweat chop the pumpkin into small 2cm cubes and prepare cauliflower by separating into smaller florets.
- Add the pumpkin, cauliflower and cashews to the onion and garlic mix and cover with boiling water, simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, adding the spinach and peas to the boiling water in the last 2 minutes before the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the vegetables and cashew mix and add to a high speed blender along with the nut milk, nutritional yeast, vegetable broth and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and pop it into a bowl. Pour the golden sauce and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with optional vegan cheese