1 lemongrass stalk, cut into small chunks
1 thumb size piece of ginger, sliced
4 cloves garlic, diced
8 star anise
1 cinnamon stick (cassia bark)
1/2 cup tamari
1/4 cup rice wine (shaoxing)
1 tsp sesame oil
1.5 L boiling water
1 kg pork scotch fillet
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1/4 cup Tamari
Shiitake mushrooms, or a variety of your favourite mushrooms
Micro herbs (pictured but not essential)
Black sesame (pictured but not essential)
Nori (pictured but not essential)
2 heaped tbsp of Beef Bone Broth Hearty Mushroom
1 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the five spice, maple syrup and tamari, then glaze pork with mixture and place on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, glazing again after about 20 minutes. Set to rest for 5 minutes then slice into 1 cm pieces.
3. Meanwhile, place lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cloves & star anise in a pot with a little coconut oil and fry until fragrant.
4. Add water, broth powder, tamari, rice wine, coconut sugar, sesame oil and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
5. Cook noodles to packet instructions.
6. Meanwhile, strain broth through a sieve, return to the pot and add in Chinese broccoli, mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Taste and season adding more tamari if needed. Serve into bowls adding in the noodles, additional toppings and sliced pork.